What is student voice?
Student voice is any expression of any learner regarding anything related to education and describes the distinct perspectives and actions of students throughout schools focused on education. Student voice is giving students the ability to influence learning to include policies, programs, contexts and principles.
Student Voice activities will take place outside of the classroom in a volunteer setting. Instructors recommend students for the student voice committee, but the committee is open to any willing participant. Student Voice interactives students with faculty and staff. Information, meeting minutes, and a calendar of events is located on the ANC Portal Page under Resources.
Questions are distributed each week around campus that encourage students to use their voice on topics that the committee has decided are necessary to poll students about and gain their opinions. These questions engage the students by allowing them to write down comments anonymously and allowing the ANC staff to respond to those comments via our portal page. Some questions are activity and fun where others are tied into student learning.
- Student voice will be hosting activities for ANC staff and students to do together. What type of games and activities would you want to do with instructors?
- What social media platform do you use the most?
- How can ANC make learning fun for you?
- How much time do you spend a week on school work and studying?
- What’s your favorite music & movie genre?
- I wish my instructor knew __________________ about my learning style.
- How can ANC contribute to your overall success?
- What barriers to success do you feel you have that ANC could be of assistance?
- What lecture activities benefit your learning style the most?
- What is your favorite sport or activity?
- What do you look forward to the most when arriving on ANC campus?
Student Voice Fun Day & Student Voice Spirit Week
- Student voice is taking advantage of having activities at the opportunity fair that will allow students and potential students of ANC to interact with the faculty and staff in a relaxed environment
Best Practices Symposium
Members of the student voice committee, James Hartley, and Jillian Hartley will be presenting at the Best Practices Symposium on April 28th to the ANC team on how to use social media and snap chat. Snap Chat for ANC has been the result of one of our reflection box questions. The students will be involved in presenting and there to answer any questions regarding social media.